Paleo Banana Bake
• 4 ripe banana’s
• 4 free range eggs
• ½ cup coconut flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
What to do
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
• Mash banana’s
• Whisk eggs and mix well into fruit
• Sift dry ingredients into wet mixture and stir well
• Line or grease desired baking tin, spread mixture evenly inside
• Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and it’s golden brown
Note: This recipe is so very versatile. You can add other fruits, nuts, coconut, cacao etc.
Be as experimental and creative as you like with it.
You can bake as muffins, a loaf, or a cake. If you choose to bake as muffins, it will
cook faster so cut down your baking time.
If you wish to up the goodness a little you can add ½ cup almond meal and ¼ cup
coconut oil to the mixture.
A favourite at The Goodness Kitchen is this base recipe topped with blueberries and
walnuts and baked as a cake. Delicious!
As I explained, this recipe also makes a great savoury option by swapping out the
banana for 2 cups grated pumpkin or carrot and ¼ cup coconut oil. Omit the
cinnamon and add salt, pepper and any other herb/spice you wish.
(Nearly) Raw Rainbow Pad Thai
• 1 packet of Kelp noodles*
• 4 large carrots
• 3 zucchinis
• Handful of kale/cavalo nero
• 1 cup of tamari roasted seeds/nuts
• 1 bunch of fresh coriander (mint, vietnamese mint, parsley can be added also)
• ½ cup tamari
• 1 can of coconut cream
• ½ cup of tahini
• ½ cup of cashews
• Juice of 2 lemons or ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
What to do
• Grate carrots
• Slice Zucchini’s into thin strips (using peeler) or use spiralizer
• Rinse kelp noodles and cut into small strips
• Thinly slice kale/cavalo nero and herbs
• Add all ingredients together and top with dressing
For the Dressing
• Place all dressing ingredients into blender and whizz! If you don’t have a
blender, you can whisk ingredients together in a bowl and just chop the
*Kelp is a sea vegetable
Note: This dressing recipe makes enough to store about half in the fridge for another
meal and will keep for a week or so. If you only want to make enough for this dish, use
half the amounts in above recipe.
Recipes from our May Retreat….